Welcome to another Expert Insights discussion.
Today we are joined by 2 Guests:
In this discussion we pick up on a recent case study Jack wrote following a consultancy project with an independent 4-star boutique hotel.
Jack was brought in to figure out why the property’s revenue struggled to improve despite investment from the owners. Through this project Jack identitfied 7 key findings, let us call them ‘Commercial Mistakes’ the property was making, and these 7 points form the basis of this discussion.
Stephanie joins us to bring her perspective working with branded chain hotels to illustrate how these mistakes can still be made within this property type.
Hope you enjoy it 🤞👍
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay up to date
🎞 HERE ARE THE CHAPTERS:
- Guest Introductions (02:09)
- Mistake 1: Untapped revenue generating partnerships and distribution (04:54)
- Mistake 2: Overlooked mapping and connectivity throughout distribution ecosystem (12:17)
- Mistake 3: Poor and inconsistent content throughout the online storefront (21:12)
- Mistake 4: Lacking key benchmarks and KPIs within Marketing and Revenue (27:44)
- Mistake 5: Hesitation to fully embrace dynamic pricing (36:42)
- Mistake 6: Rigid hotel policies (42:54)
- Mistake 7: Outdated website and booking engine (46:59)
- Video End Message and Links (57:28)
👀 WATCH NEXT (A few of our other videos)
💢Google Free Booking Links for Hotels – Less Theory, The Results Are In!!
💢Meetings and Events Are Returning …. So Now What?
💢 Using Hotel Breakeven to Evaluate Recovery Revenue Strategies
💢 Why Understanding Hotel Breakeven Helps Revenue Strategies
💢 Price Fairness and Price Identity: What Is It and Why Is Is Important?
👣 HOW TO FOLLOW US
You can also listen to this interview as a podcast via the following feeds: