PODCAST: How to Choose and Implement a New PMS (Ep 6 of 6)
We are continuing our 6 part series on How to Choose a New PMS with the final episode.
Over the course of the 6 episodes we explore the following:
- What is the role of the PMS, why it is so important and what are the signs you might need to consider an update.
- Evaluating your needs – what you should consider about your hotel needs before embarking on a new solution.
- What features should you consider in a new PMS.
- Selecting a provider.
- Productivity and Efficiency Gains – what do you actually want the PMS to do.
- Implementation – what are some of the key points to consider as you embark on implementing your new system.
Today we bring you Episode 6: Implementation
If you missed the previous episodes, here they are:
During this Episode 6 we explore the following areas:
- Shell building – the importance of setting up a replica of your hotel in the way you want to operate with your new PMS moving forward
- Room types
- Coding structure
- Rate plans
- Building your rooms – features and categories
- Impact of upgrading your PMS on 3rd party interfaces
- Data extraction and migration
As with the previous Episodes, to take us through this journey we are joined by Christoph Hutter.
Here is Christoph’s LinkedIn profile:
Christoph has a wealth of experience in the Revenue Management arena and has experienced many pros and cons of Property Management Systems as well as the challenges faced when making a change.
His commentary on this topic is supported by hands-on experience and a strong appreciation of how the PMS arena has changed over the last few years.
Christoph now runs his own consultancy business in Canada and is contactable via:
or you can visit his website at: