Podcast: How to choose a New PMS (Episode 2 of 6)
We are continuing our 6 part series on How to Choose a New PMS.
Over the course of the 6 episodes we will explore the following:
- What is the role of the PMS, why it is so important and what are the signs you might need to consider an update.
- Evaluating your needs – what you should consider about your hotel needs before embarking on a new solution.
- What features should you consider in a new PMS.
- Selecting a provider.
- Functionality and Practicality – what do you actually want the PMS to do.
- Implementation – what are some of the key points to consider as you embark on implementing your new system.
Today we bring you Episode 2:
Evaluating Your Needs – what you should consider about your hotel before embarking on a new solution
During this episode we discuss a number of areas which will touch on the following:
- How long does it take to enter a reservation
- How long does it take to create rate plans and update them
- How fast can the revenue manager adjust pricing and inventory control mechanisms
- How streamlined are housekeeping and maintenance processes
- How long does it take to generate all daily, weekly and monthly reports
- How are departments like accounting affected?
- Error Rate
- Customer satisfaction
- Distribution success
- Revenue performance
- Legal requirements
- Billing requirements
- Reporting needs
During the podcast we refer to the fast approaching PSD2 and a company called mirai. Here is an article they wrote: “The Impact of PSD2 on Your Hotel and Direct Sales”
As with Episode 1, to take us through this journey we are joined by Christoph Hutter.
Here is Christoph’s LinkedIn profile:
Christoph has a wealth of experience in the Revenue Management arena and has experienced many pros and cons of Property Management Systems as well as the challenges faced when making a change.
His commentary on this topic is supported by hands-on experience and a strong appreciation of how the PMS arena has changed over the last few years.
Christoph now runs his own consultancy business in Canada and is contactable via:
or you can visit his website at:
If you missed Episode 1, here is the link
It is important to dynamically re-evaluate the Revenue Management strategie...
Hospitality’s next evolution should be to look more holistically at the rol...
The cost and time invested in interfaces between legacy PMS and third-party...
As OTAs increasingly use aggressive marketing techniques, hoteliers are at ...