Podcast: How to choose a New PMS (Episode 4 of 6)
We are continuing our 6 part series on How to Choose a New PMS.
Over the course of the 6 episodes we will explore the following:
- What is the role of the PMS, why it is so important and what are the signs you might need to consider an update.
- Evaluating your needs – what you should consider about your hotel needs before embarking on a new solution.
- What features should you consider in a new PMS.
- Selecting a provider.
- Functionality and Practicality – what do you actually want the PMS to do.
- Implementation – what are some of the key points to consider as you embark on implementing your new system.
Today we bring you Episode 4:
If you missed Episode 1, here is the link
Here is the link to Episode 2
And here is the link to Episode 3
During this Episode 4 we will look at factors you should consider when evaluating and selecting a potential PMS provider.
We will be talking about:
- Support (including):
- Project management
- Response time
- Time to solve
- Live Chat
- Account management
- both pre and post implementation as well as follow training and any costs incurred
- Cost (including):
- Upfront costs
- 3rd party integrations
- Running costs
As with the previous Episodes, to take us through this journey we are joined by Christoph Hutter.
Here is Christoph’s LinkedIn profile:
Christoph has a wealth of experience in the Revenue Management arena and has experienced many pros and cons of Property Management Systems as well as the challenges faced when making a change.
His commentary on this topic is supported by hands-on experience and a strong appreciation of how the PMS arena has changed over the last few years.
Christoph now runs his own consultancy business in Canada and is contactable via:
or you can visit his website at: