Welcome to another of our coffee time chats. Today we are joined by:
In this wide ranging discussion we touch on a number of areas and pose a few question:
- Is the US Hotel industry in a race to the bottom?
- Is it at risk of over commoditization where price becomes the only differentiator?
- Is technology taking away aspects of what guests consider hospitality and the hotel experience?
- How does the reduction of services and amenities balance with higher prices?
- And finally, is working in the hotel sector now just a job rather than a career?
Hope you enjoy the discussion👍
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay up to date
👏 If you value what we do, please consider becoming a ‘Friend of Revenue Hub‘
🎥 We discuss a number of areas so we have broken the video down into a timeline:
00:00 – Video start
01:04 – Guest welcome and introductions
04:01 – US Hotel industry become commoditized in mass markets
08:28 – What actually defines a guest experience and does tech actually help
12:21 – With less facilities and services what is the differentiator beyond price
16:50 – Does commoditization further enhance benefits of AirBnB, VRBO, etc
21:45 – Is working in the hotel industry now just a job rather than a career
31:00 – Where does less service/facilities balance with paying more
34:22 – Subscribe and more videos
👀 WATCH NEXT (A few of our other videos)
💢 You Have a Hotel and a Website, But Do Travellers Know and Will They Book
💢 Impact on Hotel Revenue, Profit and Reputation of Ineffective Maintenance https://youtu.be/hRxKbYkeAMk
💢 The Power of Automation via RevMarketing Automation (RMA)
💢 Market Segmentation: Back To Basics As We Recover
👣 HOW TO FOLLOW US