Welcome to another of our Coffee Time chats. In this discussion we are joined by:
In this discussion we talk about the ‘new kid on the block’, the Commercial Strategy Role, that overarching role encompassing Revenue, Marketing and Sales.
We explore what is driving this change? Where the role is being adopted and why there may be resistance at the independent hotel level.
We dig into some of the core benefits of embracing this evolution and how independent properties, and groups, can dip their toe in this commercial role without gambling everything on this change.
Hope you enjoy the discussion👍
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay up to date
👏 If you value what we do, please consider becoming a ‘Friend of Revenue Hub‘
🎥 We discuss a number of areas so we have broken the video down into a timeline:
- (01:05) Guest welcome and topic introduction
- (02:17) Guest introduction
- (02:56) What is the commercial strategic role?
- (04:30) What is driving the adoption of this role?
- (08:04) Where is the greatest adoption currently?
- (09:35) What is the reluctance or objections to change?
- (16:42) What advantages of combining these elements under one role?
- (20:14) Headline benefits of embracing this role change?
- (26:45) How can hotels start to dip their toe in to making this change
- (32:54) Wrapping up
- (34:02) Links to other videos and subscribe
👀 WATCH NEXT (A few of our other videos)
💢 Hotel Forecasting in The New Normal – Has Anything Changed?
💢 Is Revenue Strategy Just a Pipedream for Most Hotels?
💢 Value of Unified Data to Revenue and Digital Marketing Teams
💢 The Marriage of Revenue Management and Marketing
💢 Why the Way Hotels Forecast is Wrong and Outdated
👣 HOW TO FOLLOW US
🎙LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST