Welcome to another of our Expert Insight discussions. Today we are joined by:
🔹 Veit Meier of berner+becker
NB: berner+becker are one of our Expert Partners
In this discussion Veit takes us back to basics and looks at the fundamental task of Hotel forecasting.
We look at what impact the pandemic, technology adoption and staffing issues has had on why we forecast, what we forecast and how often we review it.
Finally, we consider is it time to move from the traditional way of forecasting to a more dynamic forecasting approach utilising real time data.
Hope you enjoy the discussion 🤞👍
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay up to date
👏 If you value what we are doing, please consider becoming a ‘Friend of Revenue Hub‘
🎥 We discuss a number of areas so we have broken the video down into a timeline including:
- Guest welcome and topic intro (01:05)
- Why do we forecast and any changes since pandemic? (02:21)
- What do we forecast and how has this changed? (12:39)
- How often should we revisit the forecast (21:10)
- Is it time to move to a dynamic forecasting model? (28:59)
- More video links and subscribe (34:06)
👀 WATCH NEXT (A few of our other videos)
💢 Is Revenue Strategy Just a Pipedream for Most Hotels
💢 Value of Unified Data to Revenue and Digital Marketing Teams
💢 The Marriage of Revenue Management and Marketing
💢 Why the Way Hotels Forecast is Wrong and Outdated
💢 Thinking of Becoming a Revenue Management Consultant?
👣 HOW TO FOLLOW US
YouTube: Subscribe Link
🎙LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST