Welcome to another Expert Insights discussion. Today we are joined by one of our regular guests:
In this discussion we pick up on a topic Stephanie has written about recently, namely the need for hotel marketing to move beyond the metrics of ROI and ROAS.
We discuss how there needs to be a change in hotel marketing mindset, what other KPIs should be considered to truly determine hotel performance and what additional data sets need to be looked at to better inform strategies and decisions.
Finally we touch a little bit on what Stephanie is seeing in terms of budgets, human resource and general hotelier attitude to hotel marketing at this point.
Hope you enjoy it 🤞👍
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay up to date
Here are two articles Stephanie has written around this topic:
- Is It Time for Hotel Marketing to Evolve Past ROI
- A New Way to Look at Your Hotel Marketing Campaigns
🎞 Video Chapters:
- Guest Welcome (01:26)
- Topic Introduction (02:25)
- Need to change hotel marketing mindset (04:45)
- Why you should consider other KPIs (07:33)
- What other data sources to consider (10:54)
- Are you missing a component in ROI calculation (15:14)
- Holistic examples for typical digital channels (17:13)
- What is the current attitude to hotel marketing (26:16)
👀 WATCH NEXT (A few of our other videos)
💢 The Hotel Mindset: Is It More Like Nokia or Apple?
💢 7 Commercial Mistakes and What To Do About Them
💢 Google Free Booking Links for Hotels – Less Theory, The Results Are In!!
💢 Using Hotel Breakeven to Evaluate Recovery Revenue Strategies
💢 Why Understanding Hotel Breakeven Helps Revenue Strategies
👣 HOW TO FOLLOW US
You can also listen to this interview as a podcast via the following feeds: