Online advertising is becoming increasingly popular, with so many channels to pick from, and so many marketing strategies to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one is best for your business. It is a dynamic landscape out there and staying on top of the latest platforms is crucial for any business to succeed.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay up to date
Like so many other businesses we tend to stick to the ones we know, Google Ads & Meta Ads taking priority, However, what if we were to tell you that Bing (aka Microsoft Ads) is becoming a more relevant and valuable platform that you should consider taking seriously in 2024. We have seen some great results from our clients, and we want to share our reasons for considering Bing in next year’s marketing strategy.
1. The Growing Importance of Microsoft Ads (Formerly Bing Ads)
Bing has steadily increased its market share over the past couple of years with 9.19% of users worldwide now using Bing as of July 2023. Those figures don’t seem impressive, but when you consider that 5.06 billion people regularly use a search engine, that figure becomes a lot bigger (and for quick math, we can safely assume that 465,073,400 people use Bing yearly)
Long are the days that Bing was in the Shadows of Google, with that increasing market share it is offering a genuine alternative with substantial potential for advertisers. That number continues to grow YOY and if you’re wise, you should use this as a platform of choice.
2. Diverse Audience Reach
Like most other platforms, Bing’s user base includes people from various age groups, income levels, and educational backgrounds. However they do tend to differ from those of Google in several ways, and understanding these distinctions can help advertisers leverage the unique opportunities that Bing offers. Here’s a comparison of Bing’s user demographics with Google’s:
- The platform tends to attract an older audience. A significant portion of Bing users falls in the 45-64 age group, making it an ideal platform for businesses targeting this demographic.
- Naturally, the audiences tend to have higher average incomes. This can be advantageous for businesses selling high-end or premium products and services, as they can reach an audience with greater purchasing power.
- Bing tends to perform well in certain regions, including the United States, where it has a significant share of the search market. Advertisers looking to target specific geographic areas may find Bing more advantageous in some cases.
- Bing has a strong presence on desktop and tablet devices. This can be beneficial for businesses with products or services that are more commonly researched and purchased on these devices.
- It is also a great platform for B2B advertisers as most companies operate on Windows computers which naturally have Bing set as their preferred search engine on the Edge Browser
3. Cost-Effective Advertising
One of the key advantages of using Microsoft Ads is its cost-effectiveness. These ads frequently offer a lower cost per click (CPC) when compared to platforms like Google Ads. This lower CPC presents businesses with a notable opportunity for cost savings, making Bing an attractive option for advertisers seeking to maximize the value of their advertising budget.
Here are a few examples and statistics to illustrate how Microsoft Advertising can offer a lower CPC compared to other platforms: