Digital marketing is a piece that cannot miss in any hotel marketing strategy.
NB: This is an article from Bookboost
The online world has become the go-to destination for travellers seeking information, making reservations, and sharing their experiences; therefore, having a strong digital presence is crucial for hotels to thrive and grow.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and stay up to date
Considering how the digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving and new trends and technologies emerging at breakneck speeds, keeping yourself updated might seem like a titanic task.
However, it doesn’t have to be.
In this article, we’ve compiled some of the main digital trends that hoteliers can leverage in order to reach their goals, deliver memorable guest experiences and stay ahead of the competition.
Evolving Digital Marketing Trends for Hotels
Shift towards personalised and targeted marketing campaigns
To resonate with potential guests, you as a hotel marketer must create personalised and targeted marketing campaigns that cater to individual preferences and needs. By leveraging data analytics and customer insights, you can craft compelling messages that speak directly to your target audience, increasing engagement and conversions.
- Use of data-driven marketing: Your team can use data to segment the audience and target them with relevant messages. This can be done by collecting data on past guests, website visitors, and social media followers.
- Use of automation: Automation can be used to personalise email marketing campaigns, send targeted push notifications, and optimise website content for individual users.
- Use of AI and machine learning: AI and machine learning can be used to predict customer behaviour and create personalised experiences. For example, you can use AI to recommend rooms or amenities to guests based on their past preferences.
Influencer marketing and user-generated content for hotels
Influencer marketing and user-generated content (UGC) have become powerful tools for hotels to showcase their offerings and build trust among potential guests. As in any other industry, content created by common users is the best word of mouth as it helps to build real trust.
In addition, collaborating with influencers is also positive since it helps you to reach their followers, and if they trust your brand, in many cases so will they community.
- Activities with influencers: Your brand can collaborate with influencers to promote their properties to their followers. This can be done through sponsored posts, product reviews, or event partnerships.
- Promoting user-generated content: Encourage your guests to share their experiences on social media and promote this user-generated content (UGC) on your website or social media channels. This can help to build trust and credibility with potential guests.
- Using UGC in marketing campaigns: By adding UGC to your campaigns you can also leverage it and generate more engagement. This can be done through video, photo, or text content.