Digital transformation has empowered travel consumers, while fundamentally impacting the way they buy, experience and share their vacations – before, during and after their trip.
96% of travellers say travel reviews have some 96 influence on their booking decisions
22 different sites are visited over an average of 9.5 sessions before booking
52% of travelers who book online use a mobile device
As a result, progressive travel brands are focusing on a range of campaign tactics to grow, engage and convert their audiences and take market share. Whether it’s leveraging social advocacy, an interactive quiz or taking an omni-channel marketing approach, travel brands need to be relevant, ready and well-equipped.
Many global travel brands use these campaign mechanics to tell compelling, interactive brand stories across every digital channel and collect rich audience data throughout the buyer journey.
With that in mind, check-out these 10 digital marketing strategies that innovative travel brands launched:
- Drive personalized travel recommendations
- Create custom social audiences for retargeting
- Enhance in-venue experiences with digital engagement
- Increase bookings with shoppable social hubs
- Inspire audience votes to promote vacation hotspots
- Increase mobile app downloads
- Make customers your best marketers
- Capitalize on consumer crazes and gain global PR
- Capture rich and actionable audience data
- Understand audience preferences