A very unique and exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced, innovative and passionate Head of eCommerce/Senior eCommerce Manager to join our digital team. Your main focus will revolve around the synergy of four verticals: our eCommerce platform, Our brand name change (Digital only), our CRM management and our GenFriends mobile app management and overlooking development.
You will be leading four of the most business-critical projects and develop Generator’s eCommerce and classically digital projects as industry leading. You will be highly collaborative and have experience of working cross functionally whilst forming solid creative working relationships with the marketing team, revenue management team, external agencies and hostel/ hotel teams.
Who are we?
Generator is on a journey. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to spend some of the time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. While chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
What’s the job?
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
COMMERCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
- Responsible for the development and coordination of the strategic planning and budgetary control of all eCommerce marketing working directly with the CMO.
- Implement online and traffic acquisition strategy globally, covering CRM, App, SEO, PPC, affiliate and social media.
- Leading the digital and eCommerce change of the brand repositioning, changing from Generator Hostels to Generator.
- Driving the web presence forward by creating and managing the eCommerce road map and website.
- Regularly analyse ROI and optimise budget to ensure revenue and traffic targets are being met via PPC and activations.
- To manage and improve the usability, design, content and conversion of the Generator website and content platforms, frequently having to use external agencies.
- Work with design team to constantly come up with creative ways to engage with our customers on the brand website.
- Working hand in hand with the content team implementing the content strategy for the Website blog.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure the CRM works effectively for all aspects of the company
- Delivery of insight & analytics to drive further development on all eCommerce platforms
- Regular performance reporting and identification of conversion and brand awareness on all platforms
- Creating and implementing strategies to:
o Drive direct bookings (PPC and website optimisation)
o Drive app downloads via online actions and PPC (hand in hand with the PPC agency)
o Drive CRM and email list growth
o Have a successful name change from Generator hostels to Generator without effecting online organic revenue
- Reporting to the CMO, leading the eCommerce platform and CRM on an international scale
- Overseeing all customer data warehousing and data policies
- Managing 3rd party technology and service providers
- Regular performance reporting and identification of conversion opportunities
- Delivery of insight & analytics to drive eCommerce development
MUST HAVES/ GOOD TO HAVES
- Must have already worked in the position of a Senior eCommerce manage or Head of eCommerce
- Must have a minimum of 5-years’ work experience
- Must have a deep understanding of PPC and have experience creating/implementing global strategies
- Must have a deep understanding of Google Analytics
- Must have a deep understanding on CRM and experience creating and implementing CRM strategies
- Must have at least basic development knowledge in web and mobile app (for external agency pricing)
- Must have experience managing 3rd party technology and service providers
- Must have attention to detail, great communication skills and organised and methodical approach
- Must have ability to manage a busy workload and to multitask various administrative skills
- Must have a strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies
- Must have deep knowledge of analytics and able to communicate findings in actionable reporting formats
- Good to have a deep understanding of OTA’s and OTA advertising
- Good to have experience in launching a mobile app and its daily agency management
- Good to have a deep understanding of online payment methods (having implemented things like PayPal or others the like on previous sites is a plus)
- Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
- Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to €1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
- Company contribution towards gym membership for all eligible employees
- Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double pay for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
- Employer funded life assurance at two times base salary to cover death in service lump sum payments
- Employer funded income protection to cover 50% of base salary to cover prolonged absence from work due to incapacity
- 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 15 locations across Europe & US (so your next holiday is sorted)
- Online learning tools
- Social events and celebrations calendar
- Various employee recognition schemes
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English, preferably via email.