Title: Head of Central Reservations (CRO)
Location: Barcelona, Spain
For our Central Reservations Office, based in Barcelona, Spain, we are looking for an experienced Head of Central Reservations.
You will lead a team of 25+ reservations agents, with a strong focus on converting group business. You have a proven commercial profile and know how to light commercial passion within your team.
The Head of Central Reservations overlooks an operation of 25+ agents, currently handling the group and individual bookings of 11 hostels. This department is expected to grow, and new hostels will be incorporated continuously.
The offices are currently located within the Generator Barcelona building, but might relocate (within Barcelona) in the near future due to increase in team size.
You have an assistant manager and a supervisor reporting directly into you, and helping you with the daily management of the team, the properties etc.
Who are we?
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Head of CRO for our Central Reservations Office in Barcelona.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
BEING YOURSELF is the key to bringing the Generator story and brand to life.
What’s the job?
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
- Report to the Area General Manager Spain with a dotted line to the COO of the company
- Work closely with the Revenue Managers & GM’s of the properties the CRO manages
- Work closely with the sales team to get groups converted or feedback on recurring clients
- Continue to built a team of highly motivated people
- Understand, develop and follow company and reservations specific practices e.g. Rate Strategy, CRO SOP’s, Telephone etiquette etc
- Assist the team with the management of allocations, free sale and over bookings for the hostels.
- Work closely with the team to deliver on targeted revenues
- Take ownership of the guest journey to ensure that we create a truly unique Generator experience.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately in all directions so that the team understands its goals and is motivated to achieve them.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with all local legislation and regulations pertaining to your department
- Ensure that you remain HR compliant within your department
- Coach and develop the skill set of your team
- Take the initiative to proactively adapt strategy and tactics in changing market conditions
- Deliver weekly, monthly and annual reports, or any ad hoc reports, subject to management guidelines
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
- Communicate and motivate extremely well
- Be highly commercial and customer focussed
- Lead and inspire people to be their best
- Highly organised and a creative and forward-thinking problem solver
- Inquisitive, logical and objective in your approach to systems setup
- Knowledgeable of revenue management theory
- A strong and clear communicator to all levels of the business
- Resilient, determined, driven and inspired to achieve challenging targets
- An optimistic, independent self-starter with a knack for identifying business opportunities
- Willing and able to travel
- You must be eligible to work in the EU to be considered for this role
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in working within a dynamic central reservations or customer care department of similar size
- Excellent team leader inspired to go the extra mile to deliver to your team
- Responsibility for Direct/Agent/FIT and Group bookings
- Commercially savvy with a proven background to spot business opportunities
- A strong negotiator
- Knowledgeable of the global travel and accommodation market
- Be fluent in English. Other languages will be appreciated
- Have outstanding time management and organization skills & ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically proficient with the full range of hospitality systems; e.g. Property Management Systems, Revenue Management Systems, Channel Managers and Microsoft Office products
Our Key Benefits Include:
- Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation of 22 days plus bank holidays
- Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to €1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
- Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
- Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
- 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members
- Social events and celebrations calendar
- Various employee recognition schemes
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English.
Join Us and help us achieve our Vision!