A unique opportunity has become available for a knowledgeable, experienced and commercially astute Cluster Revenue Manager to join our Revenue Management team based in Generator Head Office. As a Cluster Revenue Manager, you will be confident in dealing with people, experienced in executing strategies to grow the business and possess a warm and friendly personality.
Who are we?
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Cluster Revenue Manager for our Generator Head Office.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
BEING YOURSELF is the key to bringing the Generator story and brand to life.
What’s the job?
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
- Report to the Head of Revenue Management and work closely with the General Managers, Sales and Reservation teams of the hostels in your cluster
- Produce annual budget per segment per day; participate in the process of delivering the annual sales & marketing plan
- Analyse reports and data to develop winning revenue management strategies to outperform your competitive set
- Maximize total revenue of each property in your portfolio through business mix optimization and rate manipulation
- Deliver weekly, monthly and annual reports, or any ad hoc reports, subject to management guidelines
- Forecast daily demand per market segment for your hostels and provide supporting commentary to the management
- Manage the overbooking strategy for the hostels to maximize occupancy levels
- Monitor and control all functions of the revenue management system and the accuracy of the reporting solution
- Liaise with Finance teams to support financial analysis in market segmentation and distribution channel mix trends
- Be commercially savvy in exploring new distribution channels and technology partners for Generator
- Coach and develop the technical skill set of the commercial team
- Take the initiative to proactively adapt strategy and tactics in changing market conditions
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
- Highly organised and a creative and forward thinking problem solver
- Inquisitive, logical and objective in your approach to systems setup
- Knowledgeable of revenue management theory
- A strong and clear communicator to all levels of the business
- Resilient, determined, driven and inspired to achieve challenging targets
- An optimistic, independent self-starter with a knack for identifying business opportunities
- Willing and able to travel
- You must be eligible to work in the EU to be considered for this role
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
- Previously experienced within a revenue management role at a similar level for at least 1-2 years
- Ideal candidate will come from hospitality industry and a similar environment
- Knowledgeable of the global travel and accommodation market
- Be fluent in English. Other languages will be appreciated
- Have outstanding time management and organization skills & ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically proficient with the full range of hospitality systems; e.g. Property Management Systems, Revenue Management Systems, Channel Managers and Microsoft Office products
Our Key Benefits Include:
- Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to €1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
- Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
- Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
- 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members
- Social events and celebrations calendar
- Various employee recognition schemes
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Please send us your application in English.