Area Director of Revenue Strategy (Cabo & Anguilla)
Reports to :
Corporate Director of Revenue Management
The Area Director of Revenue Strategy (ADORS) will be responsible for the development and execution of revenue strategies which achieve optimal top-line revenue, enhanced profitability, and gain market share for each respective resort. The ADORS will provide leadership and create recommendations to the revenue generation team(s) in the areas of pricing, distribution channel strategy, digital marketing, and reservation sales. The ADORS will identify statistically relevant trends, leverage predictive modeling to predict future behavior, and implement core strategies necessary across all channels in both the hotel and residential components to optimize owner profitability.
- Work collaboratively with property revenue generation team(s) to analyze report metrics and implement an effective revenue strategy for both the hotel and residential units.
- With with regional and home office teams to develop and execute a results-driven action plan.
- Creation and execution of a demand-based pricing strategy by room accommodation.
- Utilize transient KPI reports to identify booking trends.
- Deep understand of hotel’s defined competitive set as well as the resort(s) positioning within those respective sets.
- Work with digital marketing team to develop an on-going marketing plan aimed at both long-term positioning as well as short-term need generation tactics.
- Conduct weekly strategy and 1-1 meetings to collaborate, influence on decision, and execute plan.
- Implement an effective distribution strategy which leverages less costly channels to drive profitability. This includes alternative residential distribution channels to expand reach and awareness of the product.
- Create day by day forecasts as needed.
- Work directly with revenue generation team and key constituents to ensure ancillary revenue objectives are met.
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges that arise in either property performance or processes, and develop a plan to correct.
- Be able to influence change and demonstrate a sense of accountability and level of comfort during all interactions with key stakeholders on property, regional and home office, as well as ownership groups.
- Create and execute an electronic distribution merchandising strategy for effective pricing, content, positioning, relationships, and marketing programs.
- Monitor all electronic distribution sites on a consistent basis to ensure all leisure rates and room categories are loaded and bookable.
- Leverage RMS system to identify booking trends outside typical booking window and make necessary corrections.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly reporting suite (pace, segmentation, channel, etc.) to make pricing decisions.
- Implement a group and wholesale block management programs to ensure contracted rooms are being maintained, forecasted, and yielded appropriately, and the blocks are being released in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- College degree (BS or higher)
- Must have worked as an on-property Director of Revenue Strategy role for a minimum of 5-years
- Developed and executed revenue management strategies for an independent hotel with residential
- Confidence in working directly with ownership groups and key internal executives to articulate strategy, gain alignment and execute the plan to meet the business needs of the resorts.
- Previous revenue management experience working directly with residential is preferred.
- Previous experience in either an area or regional role is preferred but not required
- HSMAI CRME certification is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Independent thinker
- Ability to influence across organizational and departmental lines
- Proficient in excel (sheets)
- Well-versed in revenue management & distribution technologies (PMS, RMS, CRS)
- Ability to understand demand, and leverage predictive modeling tools to implement an effective pricing and distribution deployment
- Synxis experience is preferred but not required
- RMS experience is preferred but not required
- Must be able to travel to the property as needed and budgets will allow. (4+ trips per year)
- Willingness to travel 1-2 overnight trips/year for continuing education programs.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.