Area Revenue Manager
The Revenue Manager is responsible for maximisation of profit through revenue optimisation for multiple hotels in the UK area. His/her leadership will inspire the operation team to be a part of company RM Culture relating to profit, quality and customers satisfaction.
• Successfully produce the most efficient business mix whilst maximizing average rate;
• Control respect of pricing and sales strategies established;
• Use of all systems and tools in line with company standards;
• Ensure sales, central operation and hotel teams are engaged in revenue decisions by maintaining regular communication (reporting);
• Provide analysis to identify revenue optimisation opportunities;
• Propose and argument best hotel positioning as per market specificities;
• Being involved in the budget process;
• Being a member of country management team.
• Daily business monitoring followed by optimisation actions;
• Inventory control in terms of rooms allocation for groups and other long-term contracts with room allotment (displacement analysis);
• Control and ensure high quality of PMS data;
• Prepare forecasts for all hotels in the area to anticipate the demand and adjust the strategy;
• Review market trends, calendar of demand on country and hotels level;
• Manage business mix as per the strategy per hotel;
• Lead regular RM Review Meetings;
• Ensure pricing is consistent in all distribution channels;
• Lead budget process for the country;
• Develop RM knowledge among entire network through trainings or implementation of new tools and; processes.
Essential skills and attitude:
• Open minded and challenge oriented;
• Proactive and autonomous;
• Excellent in written and oral communication;
• Analytical skills - presents clear and logical arguments and decision based on factual data;
• Teamwork skills - develops constructive relationships at all levels within the organization;
• Time management skills – capacity to identify priorities.
• 2-3 years of experience on RM position (preferred multi-hotel position);
• Due to the scope of your region you will travel regularly to the different hotels in UK and for international team meetings to other locations in Europe.
• Fluent in English.
• Interesting and challenging job;
• Flexibility in work location;
• Salary depending on experience;
• Participate in the company’s attractive bonus scheme;
• Excellent employee benefits package;
• Employee discount in our hotels;
• Professional trainings;
• Further (international) career opportunities in Louvre Hotels Group network